1. The beach. Sorry, England, your beaches are kind of pathetic.
2. Roof parties. These have evaporated someone in Williamsburg but still happen in Bushwick to some degree. Nothing will compare to summer of '03 roof parties, from which the following is my favorite picture. Epic.
3. BBQ's. OK, they do this in the UK a little bit but I think it is more of an art over here. Not quite as much as in the South where they actually have the culinary tradition but there is nothing quite like cooking outside with all your close friends.
4. McCarren Park hangin'. Is Hoxton Square the equivalent? Please update me.
5. Free summer shows at McCarren Pool. OK, so this is getting moved this year to the waterfront, I have no idea if it will be as fun, but it was great to have your Sunday Afternoon sorted every weekend.