Sunday, September 20, 2009

50's styling shoot

I finally got my photos from my 2nd styling shoot for my LCF course. My model was Gabrielle Bassett, I think she did a great job (she did her own hair and makeup!).

The assignment was to do a 40's, 50's, or 80's themed photo shoot. I decided to go with what I knew best, though if 60's were an option I probably would have done that instead. The idea that I had was to do a "night and day" theme, where not only would we do night and day looks, but they would represent two sides to the girls personality. In other words, daytime was a new look silouette and very sweet. Nighttime was a wiggle silhouette and a little bit naughty. Here is the story board that I put together:


We combined items from both my and Gabie's closet to get the final looks. I had 4 looks ready to go but we were only allowed to do 2. We got to use the LCF studio which was amazing! The only thing I was a little bummed about was that the black dress was a bit wrinkled, they didn't have a steamer there.

styling shoot 2

styling shoot 2

styling shoot 2

styling shoot 2

styling shoot 2

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what fun! they look great.... i just purchased a little plastic clutch bag from the 50's with embeded paper flowers in the plastic. it feel so refreshing to wear things from this era, so elegant and simple