Thursday, May 28, 2009

You know what I did last week?

green day. 8am central park


Margaret and I woke up at 4:30 in the morning to go see Green Day in Central Park and re-live the 90's. Though, in fairness, I have not really stopped listening to Green Day since the 90's and have appreciation for all of their records, even the ones no one bought except me. I regaled her with stories of weird Green Day connections from the Bay Area (seeing Mike Dirnt at the DMV, a friend of a friend being Billie Joe's son's skateboarding teacher (really, skateboarding teacher?)) while we waited the 2 long hours for their set to start. We had to put up with obnoxious teenagers and TV personalities but were rewarded with around 6 songs and the spectacle of Green Day doing an interview on a very G-rated show (needless to say, I don't think they will be asked back). Oh, did you know teenagers still dye their hair with Manic Panic? It's nice to know things never change.

margaret is stoked

Oh, and Billie Joe... still foxy. Eyeliner and all. Just sayin'. Unfortunately, still married. Sigh.

green day.  8am central park

No comments: