A couple weeks ago I was thrilled to attend the trunk show for my friend Alexandra at a new Williamsburg boutique Charlie and Sam (my new favorite store). It was a great setting for the launch of Alex's new vintage-inspired line, composed of rompers, dresses, shorts and tops in velvet, jersey, silk, and even sequins.
This is my favorite piece although it wasn't on display in the trunk show.
I loved all the scalloped details.
Alex is doing a whole spring line which will be available in stores come 2010. Keep an eye on this one ladies and gentlemen! You can buy her fall line now in her etsy shop.
and for some further reading, here is this week's Links à la Mode:
Links à la Mode : November 19th
- Awakened Aesthetic: – Eco-Friendly Stocking Stuffers (Part I)
- Crisis in Denim: – Crisis in Denim: I make gentle fun of a Banana Republic ‘rewards’ card I received in the mail, that seems designed to make me think I accomplished something by shopping at BR and earning ‘rewards’ points, by riffing on the president’s Yes We Can slogan.
- dramatis personae: – the Hat’s Out of the Bag! by Michelle at Wicked Whimsy
- Fashion X K8: – The importance of Fashion Ad Campaigns and analyzing the collective subconcious of fashion consumers. I beg the question, what makes a great Fashion Ad.
- Further Ado: – With many of their paper equivalents going bust, Further Ado finds 5 great online fashion magazines to keep you satisfied.
- Grit and Glamour: – yesterday The Psychology of Lace Lace, in spite of its implied fragility, holds very special power in the sartorial world.
- Idiosyncratic Style – Infatuation List: Five Fall Fashion Favorites
- Independent Fashion Bloggers – Fashion Blogging : The Road Ahead
- kaKofonie Of si(gh)lenS: – Interview with Lauren Jones of mydearthing
- Mystery Creature: – I love vintage, I love handmade… but I don’t love Etsy, as much as I want to.
- Oranges and Apples: – What drives fashion bloggers? Oranges and Apples in the Scotsman
- Random Fashion Coolness: – Musings on the power-partnerships in the Blogosphere
- Shoe Daydreams: – Collaborations and “inspiration”
- slsvgg fashion: – An interview with Gossip Girl actress LEIGHTON MEESTER, on her style
- Somewhere over the Skyline…: – rugality? Sustainability? The Recession! – Thoughts & Recommendations on Sustainable/Vintage Lifestyles
- Super Kawaii Mama: – Meet the Dr. of Dames and her new book Our Girl’s – Aussie Pin Up’s of the 40’s & 50’s
- THE COVETED: – Benefits of Chilly Days… Coats!
- The Curvy Fashionista – Got the Plus Size Bridal Dress woes? Enter in Cc.Elaine- A studio dedicated to the Curvy.Confident.Chic. Plus Size Bride
- The New Wave: – Underwear as Outerwear: How to wear this spring’s runway trend using vintage pieces.
- The Pixelated Blonde – Fashion: it’s an individual thing – a look at how to be stylish whilst maintaining one’s individuality.
- White Rabbit: – Lookbook.nu vs. Flickr’s Wardrobe Remix – the battle of “What I wore today” sites
- Wicked Whimsy: – Rene Geneva Designs – featuring a local, woman run eco-friendly design house that makes gorgeous clothes to boot!